- Bye, Bye Clutter – Throw out old belongings and bulky unnecessary furniture. This will make your home look larger and more spacious.
- Furniture Groupings – Reposition furniture in groups that look cozy and are perfect for conversations. This will open up the room, make the traffic flow in the room obvious, and make the space seem more user-friendly.
- Re-arrange your décor – Move around artwork and furniture. You might like the change and it can give a room a fresh look.
- Room Transformations – If you have a room that is not being utilized, repurpose it in a way that will value to your house. You can transform a room that is being used for storage into a reading room or office, or add furnishings to your basement to make it a child’s playroom.
- Home Lighting – Lights make a home look warm and welcoming. Add a lamp to a dark corner, and use a variety of lighting, including lamps, overhead lights, and accent lights.
- Make It Bigger– To make a room seem bigger, paint it the same color as an adjacent room.
- Neutral and Appealing – Painting a room a neutral color can help the room appear more modern and fresh.
- Color Experiment – Also, a splash of color can make a difference and give a room a more refined look. For example, a dark paint color in a powder room or bedroom can make the room appear cozier.
- Vary Wall Hangings – By varying your artwork by patterning and grouping you can make you artwork stand out.
- Three’s Company – Mix and match accessories in groups of three to create a display that is appealing to the eye.
- Raid Your Yard – Fresh flowers make are a nice touch in a staged home, however, you can also find fresh foliage in your yard. Budding flowers in the Spring, fern fronds and greenery in the Summer, fall foliage, and branches with berries in the winter are all great for an accent piece in your home.
- Serene and Inviting – Create a relaxing and inviting bedroom atmosphere with soft linens, cozy blankets, and pale colors. Additionally, clear out your room and closets of clutter to emphasize your storage space.
- New Faces – If your kitchen needs an update, but you cannot afford new cabinets, you can purchase new cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Additionally, you can purchase new handles for the cabinets to give your kitchen a more modern look.
- Repaired Wood – Unfinished home projects can make potential buyers wary. If you have large gaps in your floorboards or other small issues around your home that need work, it will probably cost you less to fix than the amount buyers would deduct from the asking price.
- Prim and Polished – Make buyers feel like they are going to enjoy a luxury experience. For example, in your bathroom add rolled up towels, candles, and decorative baskets.
For more on these tips from HGTV visit their website https://www.hgtv.com/shows/designed-to-sell/15-secrets-of-home-staging-pictures.